1. Surface preparation
- Previously painted by inorganic zinc : All surfaces must be free of moisture, dust of cement, oil and any other contaminants
- Severe exposure : Blast in accordance with SSPC-SP10(“Near White”, SA 2 1/2)
- Mild exposure: Power tool cleaning in accordance with SSPC-SP3 is acceptable.
2. Environmental Conditions
- Over 5°C is ideal for painting and hardening.
- The surface temperature must be at least 3°C above the dew point to prevent moisture condensation.
- Drying time can be different under -5°C.
3. Application Equipment
- Conventional or airless spray, power mixer
- Airless spray: Tip size-0.017~0.025 inch
- Output pressure-2100psi/143atm
- Recommended thinning ratio: about 5~10%(airless spray). (*Airless spray data are indicative and subject to adjustment)
Caution for usage
1) Mix the material according to designed mixing ratio and use after stirring it until uniformly blended. And, Use the mixed paint within pot life.
2) Avoid applying paint on rainy days, high humidity(Over 85%) day, low temperature(Under -5°C) condition.
3) When applied over inorganic zinc, a mist coat is required for removing pinhole and bubbling.
4) Even if you use same product(color, lot), the painting equipment and method(thinning ratio) can cause different color. So, you should check the color before using it.
5) When coating summer season (April~September), ‘SUPERPOXY 270HB(HD) SUMMER TYPE <PART B>’ is recommended.
6) When apply this paint to exposure region, it is possible to occur yellowing and chalking, so you have to apply good weather resistance topcoat.
7) When exposed long time, the chalking can be occurred. So, remove chalking and dust before recoating.
Safety Precautions for handling
1) Store it indoor (5~35°C) condition, avoiding heat and open flame. And, keep it standing and being closed.
2) Dispose of the waste paint through the waste disposal company designated by the Ministry of Environment.
3) Since this product is a chemical product, it may deteriorate during long-term storage. Please refer to our customer center for the products that have p assed this period.
Please consult our enclosed here with warning
Preceding primer(if necessary) : SUPERZINC 190BG Series
Subsequent topcoat : SUPERPOXY Series, SUPERTHANE Series, SPIFLON Series