- Air temperature: 5 ~ 30°C(Ideal application temperatures are 12°C to 25°C)
- Surface temperature: 5 ~ 30°C
- Relative humidity: up to 80%
- The surface temperature must be at least 3°C above the dew point to prevent moisture condensation.
- Substrate moisture : bleow 6%
2. Application Equipment
Trowel, rake, spike roller(for removing the bubbles)
- Materials should be stored under cover, out of direct sunlight. Part 3 must be raised off the
floor and kept dry. Part 1 and Part 2 must be protected from temperature extremes.
(Ideal storage temperature : 15°C to 25°C)
2) First Coat(Scratch Coat Primer)
- A 1mm scratch coat is preferred to ensure the substrate is completely sealed, especially on porous concrete to reduce resin absorption into the substrate and to aid application. Priming prevents air rising from the substrate(which could result in surface defects).
- Mix the components Part 1 and Part 2 together for 1 minute with a slow speed drill and paddle to create a uniform dispersion and then gradually add the Part 3 aggregates while mixing continues for typically 3 –4 minutes
- DO NOT mix more than two units at a time. Transport and discharge the mixed material on to the substrate as quickly as possible.
- Pour all of the mixed SUPERCRETE W200 on to the floor immediately after mixing and spread by steel trowel to the correct thickness using the appropriate WFT gauge at the following coverage rates.(1mm : Approx 2.0 kg/m2)
- All termination and anchor grooves cut in the concrete should be filled with the SUPERCRETE W200 Scratch Coat to ensure they do not grin through the subsequent finished SUPERCRETE W200 floor.
- The scratch coat should be allowed to cure for minimum 18 hours and checked for any pinholes or blemishes and remedial action should be taken to ensure the surface is completely sealed.
- Should the scratch coat be left for more than 48 hours, mechanical surface preparation will be required to produce a suitable surface for the application of the second coat
3) Second Coat(Body coat)
- 3-1 ~ 3-3) are the same procedure as 2-1 ~ 2-3)
- 3-4) Lightly spike roll the SUPERCRETE W200 with a spiked roller to assist flow and to release any trapped air. The main purpose of the spiked roller is to produce an even resinous surface. In order to reduce the possibility of color and gloss variation, do not roll more than 100m into the previous mix.
- 3-5) To ensure an even finish, the trowelling and spike rollering should be completed before the mix is more than 10 minutes old.
- 3-6) Expansion Joints in the SUPERCRETE W200 are best produced by saw cutting the material with a double bladed joint cutter after application and cure.
- 4) No Building Trades or traffic to be allowed on to the freshly laid SUPERCRETE W200 for at least 18 hours at 25°C, longer at lower temperatures.
4. Safety Precautions
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes, and prolonged breathing of resin vapor
- Keep adequate ventilation during application
- Use the mixed paint within pot life(25°C, 12~15mins)
- Do not mix with other paint products.
- For flooring applications, the mixed materials should be applied the prepared and primed surface that should be rolled with a spike roller.
5. Warning notice
Please consult our enclosed here with warning notice.